Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two week anniversary

Here we are at 2 weeks post transplant already! Still doing well. April is feeling great and I'm feeling very good. I'm still a little sore in spots. We have enjoyed having the time together, although it is hardly a vacation. But it will be nice to be back to my regular routine as well. I'm easing back into work - I took call yesterday and will be on call again Friday and the weekend. April will be staying in Houston for a few more weeks of follow-up. Being apart will be difficult, but we've been through worse. April can't wait to start working again, but that is still a few months off. Not much else to report today. -Rob

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Gillespie, this is the first time I've remembered to log on and check your progress. I read every word (yes, every one ... even about the bodily functions! LOL) and looked at all your pictures. You two are obviously very much in love, and I am impressed with the way you've shared your story with all of us. It's refreshing to see such love and commitment in a couple. Congratulations to you both ... I am glad you are doing so well! April, I don't know you, but your husband is a gentle, caring doctor and I always enjoy working with him.
    Wishing you all the best ... you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Karen Burnett, RN, Day Charge Nurse

    ReplyDelete

If you are posting without signing in ("anonymously") be sure to include your name in the text. Unless you truly want to be anonymous.